A Six-Week Course for 2nd – 4th Graders & their Families
Everyone experiences feelings of stress and worry at times. When it begins to get in the way of your daily routine and compromises quality of life, it’s time to take action. Missing school because of worry-induced tummy aches and headaches, not joining in social activities due to anxious feelings and dealing with sleepless nights is no way to live!
If this is true for you, you’re not alone. Worry and stress are among the biggest concerns for kids today. Learn to root out the cause of anxious feelings with fun, easy-to-use tools – and keep those worries away.
Take a six-week journey through the five elements of nature within you and around you. You’ll feel more stable, in the flow, focused and inspired. Move through the five elements to feel connected at all levels while understanding your own nature more fully.
Get practical tools you can feel confident using when you’re feeling anxious. It also helps strengthen and tone the nervous system, which can reduce the severity of anxiety.
- Learn to relax your mind through breath, meditation and movement, from quick and basic techniques that can be used in a stolen moment to more in-depth practices to support you for life.
- Learn how these techniques can help you become empowered by learning to care for your own mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
- Learn some science of the mind and become the captain of your own ship.
This is a safe space where everyone is welcome. There are no expectations, and this is not a goal-oriented class. It’s more of an exploration. You’ll learn some basic movements and breathing techniques and have the chance to be guided into a deep relaxation.
No previous experience needed. Many of the poses are dynamic and fun.
You’ll have time to write or draw to integrate your experience and share – if you want to.
You’ll feel less anxious right away and have many simple tools you can use at home, at school and out in the community to feel less anxious and more awesome.
Anxiety is the number one mental health challenge in the world today – for both kids and adults.
- WORKSHOP ON 12/03/22 AT 1PM (75 mins) $30/PERSON
- 6-WEEK COURSE FOR 2ND-4TH GRADERS AND THEIR FAMILIES to start January 14, 2023 at 1pm (75 mins)
- Class schedule: 1/14, 1/21, 1/28, 2/11, 2/18, and 2/25 (class will not meet on 2/4)
- $180 ($30/class) per person
- CLASSES WILL BE HELD AT THE OAKWOOD LEARNING CENTER IN RUMSON, NJ
- PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER BY EMAIL AT LEAST 24HRS PRIOR TO BEGINNING OF WORKSHOP/COURSE: email@example.com